Reyes Holdings Sales Consultant in Suffolk, Virginia
Job ID #:15574
Position Type:Full Time
Education Required:HS Diploma/GED
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
As a Sales Consultant, you are responsible for maintaining and expanding a portfolio of customers to maximize sales and profits of foodservice products and value added services. The qualified candidate must be a strategic thinker and innovative planner that can identify business opportunities, build positive customer relations and maintain account relationships while seeking and cultivating new accounts.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 years of industry related experience or a degree from a culinary school will be considered equivalent experience.
• Outside sales experience in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, strong desire to build new business, strong work ethic and attention to details, excellent customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Position requires extensive local travel- valid driver’s license and clean MVR with dependable means of transportation.
• Infrequent lifting of 25 – 30 pounds may be required.
This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 4 years college degree or 2 years Business to Business sales experience.
• Foodservice distribution experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Planning and organizing schedules to call on prospective new accounts
• Regularly call on existing and potential customers
• Identify customer needs and work to satisfy them, monitor sales volumes, understand customer’s needs to recommend products and solutions.
• Promote programs and items, collect customer payments; manage pricing and monitor credit term compliance.
• Be available for emergency deliveries to customers
Other projects or duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.